Pat Baird works at Philips as the Head of Global Software Standards. Pat likes to think of his job as "Policy Engineering" – understanding the unmet needs (and frustrations) of regulators and developers, and working to develop standards, whitepapers, and training to meet those needs. His current passion is related to artificial intelligence in healthcare, and is a co-chair of a CTA committee on healthcare ai, is a co-chair of a WHO AI quality management committee, is active on ISO/IEC SC42 AI standards committees, is active in trade associations related to AI, etc. Past roles have included software developer, engineering manager, project manager, lead engineer, and most recently he was the Director of Risk Management at Baxter Healthcare. Drawing on 20 years' experience in product development, he has published and presented over 50 papers regarding product development. He has an MBA from Marquette and a Masters in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety from Northwestern University.
- Panel: Implementing Changes to ISO 14971:2019 to Comply with Global Regulations
- Wednesday, February 12 • 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM
- Conference Lunch Roundtable: Habits of Highly Effective Engineers
- Wednesday, February 12 • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Workshop: Connecting the Dots to Better Manage Your Risk: ISO TR 24971
- Wednesday, February 12 • 1:15 PM - 3:00 PM